External General Aviation Panel for Flight Simulator and Prepar3D
General Aviation Panel is an aplicattion thought to be used in a monitor separated from the main window of Microsoft Flight Simulator X / 2004 / Prepar3D. It allows to have a clear screen, and i.e. use a projector to watch the landscape or flight in IFR in IMC conditions.
This version has the main gauges of a piston single engine, multiengine and helicopter. Special for homebuilt cockpits or simulator enthusiast who wants to expand their liking. It is also valid for teaching.
- 38 Gauges.
- Redimensionable gauges, they fit to the screen automatically (option customizable by user).
- Interchangeable gauges (they can be added or removed)
- Custom position and size.
- Multilingual. User editable language file (Currently available: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese).
- Load and save panels modified by user.
- Show and hide gauges quickly, useful in teaching.
- Direct keys to control the gauges.
- Mouse controlled knobs (hdg, crs, obs...)
- Antialiasing (Recommended P-IV 2,4 GHz or better).
- Background picture or plain color.
Minimum system requirements:
- It needs FSUIPC or WideFS by Pete Dowson to comunicate with MS Fight Simulator / Prepar3D. (mandatory)
- Recommended Pentium IV 2.4 GHz or better.
- Screen: Any, resolution recommended 1280x1024 pixels.
- RAM: Minimum 64 MB (It uses aprox. 53 MB)
- HDD: 2 MB
It is the easy solution but with decrement of performances and the loss of keyboard focus.
It is recommended due to isolation of CPU loads and individually use of keyboards, but it needs two computers, the LAN and the configuration of WideServer/WideClient.
Click on picture to enlarge. (Taken at resolution of 800x600)
Generic mode - Basic
Generic mode - Advanced